Our Most Popular Package
The majority of our students opt for a package in which we mentor the student through the entire process. This package includes the Initial Consultation, Personalized College List and Essay Writing Assistance mentioned below. In addition, College Bound Mentor will work with students as much as necessary to:
- Refine and implement curriculum plans, testing schedules and extracurricular activities.
- Prepare the “Activity Listing/Resume”–a detailed list of extracurricular activities; awards, honors, and accomplishments; employment and internships; community service; summer activities; hobbies and interests.
- Select and approach teachers for letters of recommendation.
- Plan college visits and list of questions to ask while at schools.
- Select summer activities, community service projects, employment and internships.
- Develop their personal statement, highlighting individual strengths and unique points of differentiation.
- Review and critique resumes.
- Conduct mock interviews for admissions.
- Refine and finalize list of colleges. If appropriate, target school(s) for early decision or early action.
- Review financial aid options and identify schools that will be more likely to give merit-based scholarships.
- Break down applications and develop plan for each component/section.
- Make a schedule to complete the various aspects of the application to help students meet deadlines and stay organized throughout the process.
- Brainstorm, edit, and finalize essays for multiple applications and scholarships (as needed).
- When the final acceptance letters are received, College Bound Mentor will help the students determine which school best meets their needs.
- Review financial aid packages and identify best value for student and family goals.
As outlined in Application Mentor Package above, students can contract for select services, e.g. mock interview, Activity List/Resume, Initial Consultation, etc.