Ten ways to know if you have a college freshman
Written by Lisa Bleich.
- You go to the post office several times a week to mail forgotten items, e.g. “my black flats, my graphing calculator” to your child.
- You wake up with an empty feeling in your stomach when you realize she’s not there.
- You check your text every couple of minutes to see if you receive one from your child and excitement courses through your body when you do! (Pictures especially send you a thrill!)
- You look into her room with longing (wondering how it could still be just as messy now that she’s gone!)
- You find yourself sad for no apparent reason close to tears in the morning once you drop off your younger child at his sport.
- You reach out to other parents with kids at your son’s school to see if they’ve heard any news, since it’s been radio silence since he left.
- You read the weather report and any news from the city surrounding the college with great interest.
- You cringe each month when you get the bill!
- You put back your child’s favorite food at the supermarket when you realize he’s not home anymore.
- You are excited and hopeful for them to have an amazing year!
Yes I remember it well