Online Resources for Students and Parents
Grown and Flown: General stories and tips for students and parents related to COVID-19, education, parenting, mental health, etc. They are also gathering entertaining and heartwarming clips and stories related to families.
Online Learning: Khan Academy has created templates for organizing students schedules.
College Visits for Prospective Students:
- List by college of online resources
- Youvisit.com — Over 600 virtual college visits
- Individual college websites — Each school will have information for prospective students for how they can interact with the school without visiting campus. Here is an example from Tulane which includes virtual information sessions and opportunities to chat live with admissions staff and current students.
- College Board: The latest news on SAT exams (SAT and SAT Subject Tests). The May 2 Test has been cancelled.
- ACT.org: The latest news on the ACT exam. The April 4 national test date has been postponed to June 13 across the U.S.
- Inside Higher Ed: The latest on colleges that have gone test optional.
- IBO.org: The latest news on IB exams. IB exams have been canceled and predicted scores/already submitted work will be used. Some students will be required to submit additional materials:
- The latest news on AP exams. AP exams will be 45 minutes long, open book, and administered online.
- Free online test prep resources:
- List of changes to college admission events, deposit dates, and more
- Individual college websites — Each school will have information for admitted students for how they are dealing with the cancelation of admitted student events. Here is an example from Tulane which is holding visual events and making their admissions counselors available for questions through email